The following is a summary of the deals information collected by ALB since last update. This information is published as it becomes available and does not purport to be an exhaustive listing of advisors.
Firms are encouraged to submit information at earliest convenience in order to ensure the coverage is complete.
Allen & Overy are advising Liberty in relation to the announced Foxtel/Austar transaction. The A&O team is led by partner Michael Parshall. Allens Arthur Robinson (Kylie Brown and Jacqueline Downes) is advising Foxtel and Freehills is advising Austar.
Allens Arthur Robinson is advising ASX-listed engineering company RCR Tomlinson on the acquisition of AE&E Australia's business by RCR Energy. Campbell Davidson was the lead partner for this deal. Holding Redlich also advised on this deal.
Allens Arthur Robinson (Stuart McCulloch) has also acted for integrated property group Goodman Group on the strategic acquisition of Moorabbin Airport and Business Park in Victoria, for A$201.5m. Atanaskovic Hartnell also advised on this deal.
Allion Legal is acting for Galaxy Resources on the acquisition of a 20% interest and farm-in to the Canadian James Bay lithium pegmatite project from Lithium One Inc. Stuart Mengler was the lead advisor.
Buddle Findlay has advised on the following deals:
- Olam International’s follow on takeover of New Zealand Farming Systems Uruguay. DLA Phillips Fox advised NZFSU.
- GE Capital’s acquisition of over NZ$100million of commercial loan assets from Face Finance. Chapman Tripp advised McGrath Nicol (receivers)
- Royal Wolf Australian IPO. Australian advisors previously reported were Freehills and G+T.
- Tegel Foods acquisition by consortium led by Affinity Equity Partners. Affinity Equity Partners advised by Minter Ellison (Australia and NZ), Pacific Equity Partners and selling consortium advised by Russell McVeagh.
- Landcorp Farming and Rissington Breedline genetics business merger. Rissington Breedline advised by Chapman Tripp.
- Aggreko plc. acquisition of NZ Generator Hire business and assets. Aggreko plc advised by Bell Gully.
Gadens Lawyers has advised Metminco on the acquisition of multiple mineral assets and a capital raising. Energy and Resources partner Kym Livesley led the deal team.
Norton Rose has advised Brisbane Airport on its US$400m bond offering. Leading advisors were Mike Dunn, Craig Chapman and Petar Kuessner.