Share your ALB moments on social media
Welcome to the ALB India Law Awards 2021!
Date: 5 August 2021
Location: Mumbai, India
Asian Legal Business (ALB) is proud to present the 3rd annual ALB India Law Awards - the pre-eminent legal awards in Asia! These prestigious awards will pay tribute to the outstanding performance of private practitioners and in-house teams in the India and around the region.
The months-long research process culminates in an awards night and black-tie gala dinner that will be graced by illustrious members of the bench, legal associations and business circles, law firms, in-house departments, and the legal academe in the region.
With unparalleled networking opportunities, live entertainment and a gourmet dinner, the ALB India Law Awards is indeed an event that should not to be missed!
SUBMISSIONS TO OPEN SOON!
Contact Lokesh Bogati at +91-22-68414325 or firstname.lastname@example.org to know how you can make your submission to the awards.
Contact Amantha Chia at email@example.com or +65 6973 8258 for sponsorship opportunities.
The categories for ALB India Law Awards 2021 are as follows:
1. Debt Market Deal of the Year (Midsize)
2. Debt Market Deal of the Year (Premium)
3. Equity Market Deal of the Year (Midsize)
4. Equity Market Deal of the Year (Premium)
5. M&A Deal of the Year (Midsize)
6. M&A Deal of the Year (Premium)
1. Dealmaker of the Year
2. Dispute Resolution Lawyer of the Year
3. In-House Lawyer of the Year
4. Managing Partner of the Year
5. Woman Lawyer of the Year (In-House)
6. Woman Lawyer of the Year (Law Firm)
7. Young Lawyer of the Year (In-House)
8. Young Lawyer of the Year (Law Firm)
1. Banking and Financial Services In-House Team of the Year
2. Energy and Resources In-House Team of the Year
3. Innovative In-House Team of the Year
4. Transportation and Logistics In-House Team of the Year
5. Technology, Media and Telecommunications In-House Team of the Year
6. Retail and Manufacturing In-House Team of the Year
7. Healthcare and Pharmaceutical In-house team of the Year
8. India In-House Team of the Year
Law Firm Categories
1. Anti-Trust and Competition Law Firm of The Year (NEW!)
2. Arbitration Law Firm of the Year (NEW!)
3. Aviation Law Firm of the Year (NEW!)
4. Banking and Financial Services Law Firm of the Year
5. Boutique Law Firm of the Year
6. Data Protection Law Firm of the Year (NEW!)
7. Dispute Resolution Law Firm of the Year
8. Energy and Resources Law Firm of the Year
9. India Deal Firm of the Year
10. India Practice, Asian Law Firm of the Year
11. Innovative Technologies Law Firm of the Year (NEW!)
12. Intellectual Property Law Firm of the Year
13. International Law Firm of the Year
14. Labour and Employment Law Firm of the Year (NEW!)
15. Litigation Law Firm of the Year (NEW!)
16. Maritime Law Firm of the Year
17. Medical and Healthcare Law Firm of the Year (NEW!)
18. Real Estate and Construction Law Firm of the Year
19. Restructuring and Insolvency Law Firm of the Year
20. Rising Law Firm of the Year
21. Tax Law Firm of the Year
22. Technology, Media and Telecommunications Law Firm of the Year
23. White Collar Crime Law Firm of the Year
24. India Law Firm of the Year
Opening of submissions – March 12, Friday
Deadline for submissions – April 30, Friday
Announcement of finalists – May 28, Friday
Awards night – August 5, Thursday
India Law Firms and In-house teams
Phone: +91 22 6841 4325
International Law Firms
Phone: +852 28415783
Announcement date of the judges to be confirmed.
The finalists for the awards would be announced of May 28, 2021.
List of winners will be posted on 5 August 2021.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I know if I am eligible to make a submission?
We highly encourage all firms, individuals and in-house teams to submit, as we have numerous award categories to choose from. We welcome both past participants and newcomers to join the submission for the awards.
Is self-nomination permitted?
Yes, we accept self-nominated submissions. We also accept third-party submissions, should you wish to nominate an external party or vice versa.
Is there a fee required to make a submission in the law awards?
No, there is no fee payment required for you or your firm/team to make a submission.
TIMELINE OF EVENTS
When will the finalists and winners be announced?
The shortlist of finalists will be released around 4-8 weeks prior to the awards ceremony. The winners will be exclusively announced at the awards ceremony on 5 August 2021.
NOMINATION PROCESS AND ASSESSMENT
How are the finalists chosen?
Asian Legal Business will compile all of the submission entries, and the ALB editorial and research teams will extensively review each submission to ensure the criteria are met in order to advance to the shortlist of finalists. We stress that this process is fair, impartial and not subject to external influences.
How are the winners chosen?
Once the shortlist of finalists have been announced, an independent judging panel will review and select their top three choices for the award categories they are assigned to. The scores for each award category will be tabulated, and the individual/firm/team with the highest score will be announced as the winner.
What are the award categories that I can take part in?
Any law firms, in-house teams or individuals may take part in multiple award categories if appropriate. The researchers reserve the right to move entries from one category to another if they feel it appropriate. The researchers’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Who will be on the judging panel for ALB India Law Awards?
There will be an independent judging panel of at least 25 senior and expert legal industry leaders to review the submission materials. The judging panel will be selected on the basis of their expertise and knowledge, and will be comprised from various sectors to correspond to the diverse list of award categories. A partial list of judges’ names will be released prior to the awarding ceremony, and the remaining judges will be revealed on the evening of the awards.
What will my contact information/my client’s information be used for?
All contact information provided will not be disclosed to external parties; and will only be seen by our ALB research team and the judges panel. We keep the information on record internally, in case we need to contact you or your client regarding any questions or discrepancies in the submission form.
Where will my name/firm name/team name be published if we are a finalist or winner?
As a finalist and/or winner, your firm/team/individual name will be published in ALB awards materials and print magazine. For more information, please contact us.
Is my submission confidential?
Any information you submit will only be reviewed by the ALB team and independent judging panel, whose names will be published. The material submitted will only be disclosed to the above; if there is any information that is strictly confidential, please mark clearly on the nomination form. Though we do our best to maintain the security of the information you provide, any information you transmit to us is done at your own risk and Thomson Reuters is not responsible for any unauthorized transmission of information.
SPONSORSHIP, PARTICIPATION AND OTHER
I would like to sponsor the ALB Law Awards.
Please contact Amantha.Chia@thomsonreuters.com or (+65) 6973 8258 for further details regarding sponsorship.
I am interested in being an official partner of the ALB Law Awards, as a media/legal association.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +632 9825 938.
My practice area or specialty is not listed, but I would like to participate in the Awards.
Please get in touch with our ALB Law Awards research team at email@example.com or call +632 9825 938.
Can I participate in Awards across the region?
Yes, you can participate in more than one market. Please note there may be specific criteria for each market.
Who should attend the Awards Ceremony? Can I attend?
We welcome all finalists and non-finalists to join the Awards Ceremony; please contact Amantha.Chia@thomsonreuters.com or (+65) 6973 8258.
I would like to order a winner’s trophy and/or certificate (for finalists and winners).
Please contact Amantha.Chia@thomsonreuters.com or (+65) 6973 8258.
How can I receive communications related to the ALB SE Asia Law Awards?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe to the ALB mailing list.
Asian Legal Business – Who are We?
Asian Legal Business (ALB) is owned by Thomson Reuters, the world’s leading source of intelligent information for business and professionals. With its portfolio of leading titles, law awards, in-house legal summits and online services, ALB provides authoritative and unbiased insights and unmatched networking and business development opportunities to legal professionals throughout the Asia-Pacific.
ALB combines news and analysis from its team of professional legal journalists and the expert opinions of senior industry professionals with Reuters news and insights that power businesses across the globe.
Please visit legalbusinessonline.com for further information.
Asian Legal Business – Law Awards
The ALB Law Awards are the pre-eminent legal awards in Asia-Pacific, held annually in Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, India, the Philippines and China. The Awards are comprised of months of intensive research and culminate in a black-tie Awarding Ceremony in each of the markets. We cordially invite you to take part in these prestigious awards – and celebrate legal excellence with us.