We are looking for a commercial lawyer preferably with solid experience dealing in the energy industry, trading and/or shipping related matters.
Role & Responsibilities:
- To provide in-house legal advice and guidance on applicable laws and regulations relevant to businesses of the Group.
- To assist in the review and/or drafting of a broad spectrum of corporate and commercial documents including but not limited to contracts relating to the sales and purchases of petroleum products, charter-party agreements, corporate guarantees, letters of indemnity, confidentiality undertakings, financing agreements, information technology and other services agreements, commercial storage agreements, tenancy agreements.
- To render support and general advice on corporate secretarial-related matters to ensure compliance with related regulatory requirements.
- To assist in identifying legal risks affecting the Group’s businesses and render support and advice on the management of these risks.
- To provide general legal advice on ad hoc operational and corporate legal issues.
- Other potential engagements in other work areas within the Company.
- Bachelor Degree in Law from a recognized University.
- Possess of Singapore Bar, or those who possess Malaysia bar with at least 2 years relevant work experience in Singapore will also be considered.
- At least 5 to 6 years post qualifying experience in an established law firm or general corporate and commercial work in a corporation, preferably as a legal counsel in an in-house environment in the energy industry, trading house and shipping related.
- Possess an excellent command of English and Chinese languages. (In order to liaise with English and Chinese speaking associates; including proof-read Chinese Meeting Materials for Board of Directors.)
- Meticulous, conscientious and possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess a high degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Able to exercise sound judgement and demonstrates ability to analyse situations and information.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
If you think you meet the above requirements and would like to apply please send:
- your CV;
- transcripts; and
- a short cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org for us to determine your suitability for this role.
If you’d like to arrange a confidential discussion prior to applying please call our Singapore office on +65 6808 6635, Hong Kong office on +852 3978 1369 or London office on +44 203 7452 513
Please share this opportunity with any colleagues that you think would be interested.
Singapore EA Licence No. 12S6213
- Practice Area: Commercial, Energy & Resources, Shipping
- Industry: Legal
- Keywords: commercial, Energy / Oil & Gas, shipping